Why Storytelling for Writers and Speakers?
If you’ve ever heard a lecture that lulled you into a coma, you know how dull a multitude of words can be. Even good words.
But when the lecturer breaks into story, suddenly you find yourself sitting a little straighter. Your mind refocuses and you engage your imagination as you listen.
Later when someone asks what the talk was about, you can’t remember, but you can remember the point of the story that engaged you.
Understanding how to write or tell a story is crucial if you want to become a communicator who makes a difference. Who better than Texas-story-teller Karen Porter to show you how to tell as story that will tickle the imaginataions and hearts of your listeners and readers.
Karen Porter is an international retreat and seminar speaker and a successful businesswoman. She is the author of seven books and with her husband, George, owns Bold Vision Books. Karen is a certified coach of communicators in both writing and speaking. In her spare time, Karen continues her life-long quest to find the perfect purse.
Click ‘Enroll Now’ to get started.
- How to create a story.
- Making a point with your story.
- Mastering story structure.
- The secrets to the art of storytelling.
- Speakers and lecturers.
- Writers of non-fiction books and articles.
- Novelists and more.
Sign up using the buttons below to get instant access to this online class.
- Instantly access your classes anytime, anywhere, with your own personal IWC account
- Learn from expert instructors to improve your writing and reach a wider audience
- On demand video
- Sign up for conference bundles to save even more on our classes